The Château de Saint Alyre, Sanssat in the Allier, Auvergne
The Château de Saint Alyre is ideally located in the Pays Bourbonnais in Auvergne, in the Department of Allier, 15 km north of Vichy and 70 km from Clermont Ferrand and 1 hour from the Chaîne des Puys d’Auvergne.
Easily accessible, just 15 km from the exit of the A71 motorway and 1 km from the Nationale 7, the castle of Saint Alyre will be an ideal starting point to discover the Natural Park of the Auvergne Volcanoes, the PAL animal park and other natural and cultural splendors of Bourbonnais.
How to find us ?
- Latitude : 46.240436
- Longitude : 3.488347
The château de Saint Alyre is located 15 kilometers from the A71 motorway and 1 km from the Nationale 7 on the D430 between St Gérand-le-Puy and St Félix.
From the A71 (Paris):
- Take the Montmarault exit
- Follow St Pourçain sur Sioule then Marcenat and then Billy
- Take the D430. Saint Alyre is on this road.
From Lyon :
- Go through Roanne then Lapalisse
- Follow the Nationale 7 to St Gérand le Puy
- At the entrance of the village, take the first road on the left then the second on the right and finally the first on the left. You are on the D430 which takes 2 km further to Saint Alyre.
Vichy station, about 15 km from the castle, is served by:
- Intercity trains that connect Paris to Clermont-Ferrand;
- TERs in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region that connect Clermont-Ferrand, Riom, Vichy, Moulins-sur-Allier, Roanne, Lyon and Tarare;
- TER in the Bourgogne-France-Comté region with the Dijon and Montchanin line.
Clermont-Ferrand Airport is 80 km from Saint Alyre Castle. Flights are available all year round from Paris, Lyon, Amsterdam, Porto and Marrakech.
Lyon Airport is 180 km away. It is served all year round by domestic and international flights.
Distance in km and travel time between the Château de Saint-Alyre and :
|Vichy||15 km||30 min|
|Moulins||50 km||50 min|
|Le Mont-Dore||125 km||1h30|